The Reliance Network, a consortium of regional less-than-truckload (LTL) carriers, recently announced it has added two new carrier members, with one member of the network leaving.
Joining The Reliance Network are West Coast-based LTL carriers Mountain Valley Express and Peninsula Truck Lines. These carriers will replace DATS Trucking on serving shippers through The Reliance Network in the Western U.S.
Other members of The Reliance Network include: Pitt Ohio Express, Averitt Express, Canadian Freighways/Epic Express, Lakeville Motor Express, and Land Air Express of New England. Established in 2008, the objective of The Reliance Network is to create a unified cross-continent coalition for all freight services, according to officials. Since its inception, it has generated more than $1 billion in revenues, which is notable considering at the time of its launch most trucking companies were saddled with double-digit tonnage decline.
“This transition is a positive move by The Reliance Network as it supports
the mission of the alliance to provide the most dependable, reliable
service for customers shipping anywhere in North America,” said Geoffrey
Muessig, Pitt Ohio Express’s vice president of sales, in a statement. “Mountain Valley Express and Peninsula Truck Lines are two of the premier LTL carriers
serving the Western U.S.”
The Reliance Network basically functions as a provider of seamless, national LTL, truckload and supply chain freight services.
Instead of managing shipments with multiple carriers to service their regional, national and worldwide shipping needs, shippers can work directly with their local Reliance Network member. Through The Reliance Network, shippers have the value of a strong chain of experienced transportation specialists while continuing to work with the provider they’ve already grown to trust.
When it was first launched, Phil Pierce, Averitt’s executive vice president of sales and marketing, told LM that he expected the Reliance Network to make a significant impact in its ability to do serve regions outside of its main network and by opening the door for [member carriers] to compete for a whole new category of business for which they previously were not strongly competing.
Benefits The Reliance Network can provide for shippers include:
- A single-source provider with 100% coverage of the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- More consistent transit times.
- Convenience of working with their trusted local transportation specialist to manage all of their door-to-door shipping needs rather than managing multiple carriers.
- Seamless coverage through hundreds of service centers across the continent.
- Expertise and exceptional customer service from more than 15,000 team members.
- Reliable transportation resources and efficient equipment, including more than 25,000 trucks and trailers.
- Complete, real-time shipment visibility from origin to final destination.
- Secure data management.
- Accurate administrative processes with full service PRO number tracking, tracing and invoicing capabilities